Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rocky Horror Picture Show

There are a few things that I feel strongly about, no, make that a LOT of things that I feel strongly about!  One of them is that everyone should experience the Rocky Horror Picture Show sometime in their life.  Of course, while you're in college would seem the optimum time, and somehow I MISSED OUT ON THAT!  So when I finally caught it in my twilight years, I was shocked, awed and amazed.


It was a hoot when I saw it in St. Louis a few years ago.  I thought it would be a howl to see it in New Orleans.


As always, there was a great cast to lead the audience astray, not to be outshone by numerous audience talents in supporting roles.  You have to know in advance that it is OUTRAGEOUS and absurd, and if you're there, you're in the show.


You gotta come well fortified to last to the end.  Pre-RHPS antics started at 12, and we didn't roll out of there until 2:30 a.m.  Like I said, it's best to do this when you're in college, tho' I did observe a wide range of ages.  I don't think it's appropriate for children (as I am so prim and proper), but there were some, all the way up to some real old grey hairs who see it on an annual basis.  I recommend seeing it as soon as possible; it is a real part of American culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment