Friday, September 17, 2010

Staircase to Heaven

So I was driving down the street to my piano lesson when off to my left was an enormous assemblage of ladders that took my breath away.  Excitedly I told my teacher about what I has seen, and on my way back was able to pull over and see what it was all about.


To my amazement, ladders of all sorts were zip-tied together in a secure and sturdy structure.  It was all done so carefully, that I could see that the ladders were not damaged in any way. Here is the portal of ladders. 


The ladders had identifying tags of area neighbors and businesses, as if they had loaned them for this installation piece and would get them back when it was dismantled.


It was an inspiring and uplifting (pun intended) experience.  I was impressed with the sheer simplicity of it all.


This website explains it all.  The artist is Charlie Brouwer.

No comments:

Post a Comment