Saturday, March 20, 2010

Daffodil Sighting!


Finally, the first day of spring is here! Although it is overcast here in St. Louis and a bit chilly, I can't help but feel renewed and refreshed and happy to bid winter goodbye. The birds are twittering and the irises and grasses are poking their new green life from the warming earth. Appropriately enough on the first day of spring, while walking Chewy, I was thrilled to see my first daffodil.

Missouri Botanical Garden
I am inspired to simplify and streamline my home and office. Modern life can make us crazy. Get rid of the clutter and confusion and impose order and beauty! A good spring cleaning is always a therapeutic undertaking and I think there is a certain Zen joy to be found in simple work such as washing woodwork. And don't forget cleaning the windows! That alone makes a home ever so bright and cheerful. After the cleaning spree, Spring is a great time to make design decisions so as to make the most of the precious time that we have to enjoy here on this planet. Live neither in the past nor in the present, but in the here and now.

Let's all renew ourselves and be reborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment