Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lost and Found

I love visual poetry, and am always looking for rhymes. These can be rhymes in color, form, line, texture, concept, etc. They bring harmony to a space. Like a magpie, I'm constantly on the lookout for interesting things to put into inventory for current or future projects. Immediately, or later, the connections to other obects and ideas reveal themselves.

Here are a couple of found objects that I found in the street. I like the color and shapes. They could have been of interest when they were shiny and new, as well, but here we have a story of their lifetime of service. That the vehicles were so old and neglected that they actually rusted off says something of the owner and our society. John Foster
Stamp Piece #23
stamps, roplex
18" x 20"
1976

This is a piece in my collection that I saw some connections to the car parts in terms of the grid pattern and color palette.

This African mask also displays rhyming components with the car parts and the Stamp Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment