Friday, June 11, 2010

At Your Majesty's Service

While in London, I visited the Design Centre, numerous antique shops, fabulous markets, art galleries and museums. I also paid my respects at Sotheby's and Christie's, and then on to Steinway Hall. This rounds out my designer resources for future London clients!

I made it to Christie's in time for a contemporary art auction. Just my cup of tea!

I enjoyed a REAL tea at Sotheby's cafe prior to viewing their 19th and 20th century sculpture. It was the perfect pick-me-up for the energy required for studying museum-quality artwork.

Steinway Hall

While making the obligatory visit to Steinway Hall, I checked out the downstairs vault where the "D" model concert grands were stored. I was greeted with the haunting refrains of Schubert's Sonata in B Flat Major being played by an artist in preparation for a concert. It was difficult to break away from this unexpected aural delight, but then again, there I was in piano heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment