Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Showers Bring More Flowers

Thunder, lightening, and a heavy spring downpour was the day's natural entertainment spectacle. As soon as the rain cleared and the drizzle seemed really over, I hitched up Chewy for his later afternoon-early evening walk. Lost in thought, I had my eyes cast to the ground. Lifting them and seeing a spectacular rainbow seemed a symbol of optimism that all could share.

The rainbow has never failed to put a smile on my face. I feel like a child, as if it is the first one I have ever seen. When I looked to the right, and realized it was a "double rainbow", with another outer colored band (which doesn't show in the photo), the day seemed suddenly auspicious.

I turned the corner briefly, and when I looked back, it was gone. My timing had been fortuitous for the rainbow viewing. With stormy clouds dissipating, a patch of blue sky peeked through. It reminded me of one of my recent finds in the alley: a small, flat chunk of concrete painted sky blue. I pocketed it as a "patch of blue sky". What magic, to have a piece of the sky in my possession! Now I have the power to see the sky anytime that I want!

I have plans of using that "patch of blue sky" concept in a painting. I'm hoping that the rainbow visual can be interpreted soon, as well. All in all, the season has seen a riot of colorful flowers, each one presenting themself in a precise procession of a perfect spring. Thank you, spring showers, for making this all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment