Monday, February 8, 2010

Visual Inspirations and Translations

When I'm out and about, I'll see something that strikes me as a perfect color scheme, or I'll see a variety of textures that I want to simulate in my interior design work. These photos don't do justice to what I saw, but I show them to share with you my creative meanderings. The first image struck me for the never-failing orange and teal combination. I also like the bronze color light fixture, the concrete floor pad, and the graphic stencil of the number 2. I could imagine this being translated in another way with paints, fabrics, stones and metals.

Somebody had propped this plywood sheet against a tree. It had a lot of nice gradations of creams, browns, golds, grays, whites, and a shot of black. Not bad as a compostion on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment