Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a Ball!


What a treat to hear Michael White's Original Liberty Jazz Band instead of the old Pomp and Circumstance at Tulane University's 2011 graduation ceremonies!  And then as an added bonus, Stevie Wonder treated all to an impromptu performance of  "You Are the Sunshine of My Life",  after receiving an honorary degree.


New Orleans is a tough city to top in terms of where to go to college. It's been a fabulous four years for Emily, and visiting was always an adventure into culture, cuisine, and camaraderie.


Emily graduated with honors. 


Funny, this is how some students moved out.  They threw everything out the window!  Though I appreciate the wackiness of student slovenliness, I don't recommend this solution.

Trying out the merchandise at Tara Shaw

I'm queen for a day, having written the last tuition check without going into debt!  I never get a vacation without writing it off as a business expense, though.  Happily, I have a New Orleans client to ensure my future visits to a city I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment